Experience the magic of Kaua'i: from the breathtaking Nā Pali Coast to the enchanting Hanalei Bay, Kaua'i offers an abundance of unique experiences that will leave you awe-struck. Immerse yourself in the island's natural wonders, delve into its rich history, and embrace the spirit of aloha as you discover the treasures of this captivating Garden Isle.
Here are some highlights to get you started!
Nā Pali Coast and West Side
- Nā Pali Coast: Marvel at the majestic Nā Pali Coast, where towering sea cliffs meet the Pacific Ocean. This awe-inspiring landscape offers unparalleled hiking trails and has served as a backdrop for iconic movies like Jurassic Park and King Kong.
- Waimea Canyon: Witness the "Grand Canyon of the Pacific" at Waimea Canyon, a stunning 10-mile-long gorge adorned with vibrant red and brown rock formations and cascading waterfalls.
- Polihale Beach: Escape to the secluded paradise of Polihale Beach, boasting 17 miles of pristine white sand and mesmerizing turquoise waters. As Hawai‘i's longest beach, it provides a picturesque backdrop for camping and stargazing.
- Spouting Horn: Experience the natural spectacle of Spouting Horn, a remarkable blowhole formed by crashing ocean waves. This captivating phenomenon propels water up to 50 feet into the air, accompanied by the sound of a hissing dragon.
- Historic Hanapepe Town: Explore the enchanting Hanapepe Town, renowned for its vibrant art galleries, charming boutiques, and the famous Hanapepe Swinging Bridge. This picturesque town also served as an inspiration for Disney's Lilo and Stitch.
- Kilauea Lighthouse: Stand in awe of the historic Kilauea Lighthouse, a beacon that has guided mariners since 1913. This architectural gem on the north shore is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and offers fantastic whale-watching opportunities.
- Limahuli Garden and Preserve: Immerse yourself in the wonders of the Limahuli Garden and Preserve, nestled on Kauai's lush North Shore. Discover a rich collection of native Hawaiian plants and explore the ancient loʻi kalo (taro terraces), a testament to ancient Hawaiian agricultural practices.
- Hanalei Bay: Indulge in the idyllic charm of Hanalei Bay, where a charming town meets a picturesque crescent-shaped beach. Enjoy the thrill of surfing, revel in a leisurely swim, or simply stroll along the sandy shoreline, relishing the beauty that surrounds you.
- Wailua Falls: Behold the captivating beauty of Wailua Falls, made famous by its appearance in the iconic TV show Fantasy Island's opening credits. Take in the view from a lookout point or venture closer by hiking down to the base.
- Alakoko Fishpond - Behold the engineering brilliance of the Alakoko Fishpond, a testament to ancient aquaculture practices that have sustained the island's inhabitants for over 600 years. Discover the remarkable history and cultural significance of this fishpond, also known as the "Menehune Fishpond," with its impressive 2,700-foot-long kuapā (fishpond wall). Embrace the legends, traditions, and engineering feats associated with Alakoko, which has provided a sustainable food source of fish and limu (seaweed) for generations.